Wednesday, May 13, 2009

At home in Kenya



We have arrived! After 2 eight-hour flights, with only a very short layover in London, we arrived in Nairobi, with luggage and sanity intact. We had a good 3 days with my parents, and celebrated Caleb's first birthday (a little early). We got to Mombasa on Monday, and hit the ground running! We are still unpacking our 12 bags (they allowed us TOO much luggage) and trying to get our house back in order.

Lighthouse Bible School started yesterday, and I had my first class of English today- I loved it! I have 9 students, and am excited to see what this year brings.

The kids are loving being back- since in Mombasa, they have shared a room and both slept all the way through the night!! Caleb is busy exploring our house, and we have realized we have to find a way to block our stairs- he's earning himself the nickname "Bruiser!"

Until next time, content and almost over jet-lag, Maggie

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad u are home safe and sound! I love that this time we have the blog and facebook to keep in more consistent contact. Now if I would just update my blog;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, lil "Bruiser" =D Good luck in Caleb-proofing this house.

    ReplyDelete