Monday, May 18, 2009

Goat Slaughtering in English Class


Some teachers have to put up with distracting, unruly students. I have to put up with animals being slaughtered outside my classroom window.


Right behind our classrooms is an apartment complex, with a parking garage on the bottom floor. Apparently, since nobody has a car, it's an excellent space to wash clothes, and prepare food..... from scratch.... Today during class, we had to talk over the bleating of a goat, who was slaughtered, strung up, skinned and gutted- all while we talked about God's plan for our life.


Perhaps the plan for the goat's life was lunch.

3 comments:

  1. That is CRAZY! I can't imagine. Thanks for sharing. Hope the English classes are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...no thank you. I'll take my unruly kids any day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it isn't dull there!!! I hope that you are enjoying the English classes.

    ReplyDelete