Friday, May 15, 2009

Back in the Driver's Seat


So today I drove in Kenya for the first time since we have arrived back. I only had two rules to remember- 1) Stay left, and 2) Use the horn. And don't get hit... or hit anybody.,.. OK, so maybe more than two rules.


I forgot how much I need to use all my mirrors to drive here, and almost rear-ended a casket hanging out the back of a sedan. Except for dishonoring the dead, there might have been worse things I could have almost run into....


All said and done, I got back home safely with my groceries, and didn't have any incidents. I pray harder living in Kenya, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...praying that you stay safe, especially when driving. And if you crazy mzungu can stay away from offending the dead, then that would be like a bonus! Thankfully your prayer life has vastly & quickly improved. ;) Stay brave!

    ReplyDelete